Membership FAQs

I’m changing my company affiliation and/or business address. Who do I notify?
First, and most importantly, submit this form (along with the required $20 processing fee) to the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission within 10 days of the change. Otherwise, you may temporarily lose your ability to legally operate as a real estate salesperson. Next, submit your updated information into your WGAR profile to avoid missing important communications about your status as a REALTOR® and benefits to which you are entitled.
What is a NRDS number and how do I find mine?

Your NRDS number is a pin code (assigned by the National Association of REALTORS®) that is used to identify you in all REALTOR® association databases. This number helps us keep our records updated and duplication at a minimum. You can find the number on your REALTOR® membership card or (if you have a user account at the NAR Web site) visit

Alternatively, refer to the mailing label on the front of your latest copy of NAR’s REALTOR® Magazine. Note the 10-digit magazine ID immediately above your name. In all cases, the number should be nine digits (do not use the # or / symbols). Therefore, eliminate the leading zero to arrive at only nine digits.

Am I a REALTOR® member of WGAR? If so, why not?

Not all real estate licensees are the same. Only those who are members of the National Association of REALTORS® are entitled to call themselves REALTORS® and to use the REALTOR® trademarks. If you have not A) paid the current year’s membership dues to WGAR and B) attended an orientation session and mandatory ethics training, it is unlikely that you are a REALTOR® member of our local association. To inquire about your specific status, please contact our Membership Department.

How do I place my real estate license in escrow?

Submit this form to the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission, and enclose your real estate license. Please note that by placing your license in escrow, you will cease to meet the membership criteria for our association and will thus lose your REALTOR® membership (until such time as you should elect to reactive the license).

How do I reactive my escrowed real estate license?

If your license has been inactive for less than five years, submit this form to the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission (along with a $116 fee). You will also be required to complete at least 14 hours of continuing education credits. If your license has been inactive for more than five years, you will be required to apply for a new salesperson’s license (retaking the license exam, initial education requirements, etc.). After obtaining a license, you may apply for REALTOR® membership at any time by contacting WGAR.

What if I have additional questions?

Please contact WGAR Association Executive Maryann Barlow at 724-678-9484.